ABOUT OUR AREA
Vernon lies at the north end of the stunningly beautiful and fertile Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. Surrounded by Kalamalka, Okanagan and Swan Lakes and the magnificent Monashee Mountain range, it is conveniently situated between Vancouver and Calgary with easy access to and from the U.S.
Agriculture, tourism, high tech and manufacturing are some of the top sectors of our economy. The Okanagan’s gentle climate, relaxed lifestyle and abundant recreational amenities have earned the region the reputation of being one of the most desirable places to live in Canada.
This four-season destination playground offers:
- World championship golf courses (Predator Ridge, The Rise)
- White powder ski-ing (Silver Star Mountain Resort, Big White, Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Sun Peaks Resort)
- Pristine lakes for boating, fishing and water sports
- Provincial parks offering nature trails for hiking, walking and riding; wildlife viewing
- Agri-tourism: abundant orchards, vineyards, farms and ranches
- Heritage and culture: art galleries, museums and theatres
Vernon has something to offer everyone – small town charm with urban living convenience.